Bridge Mod?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
NonBritGit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bridge Mod?

Post by NonBritGit »

Hey all, any mods that let you build bridges/paths or rail lines over water (ponds and lakes). Would be a very handy mod in my eyes...

NonBritGit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bridge Mod?

Post by NonBritGit »

Thanks for the pointers. I'll save anyone else the trouble of searching through all those threads that basically say the same thing (nope, no bridges, but it's on the list).

Here's Bridge Railway (Railmod) that lets you build train tracks over water: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=9202

BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BinaryMan »

Is this because it's not possible to modify a tile in script at runtime? If you could change the type of tile, you could just make it one that works in the player layer as movable. But I don't see how you could do this with an entity.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

BinaryMan wrote:Is this because it's not possible to modify a tile in script at runtime? If you could change the type of tile, you could just make it one that works in the player layer as movable. But I don't see how you could do this with an entity.
Tile types can be changed runtime.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Modding discussion”