How to update the description of mod?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
sraw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How to update the description of mod?

Post by sraw »

I've updated the description of my mod during the updating. But I notice that it doesn't change in the game. How could I change the description?

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How to update the description of mod?

Post by Pi-C »

sraw wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:11 pm
I've updated the description of my mod during the updating. But I notice that it doesn't change in the game.
My guess is, you looked at the description of your mod in the left tab ("Manage") of the game's mod manager. If you select a mod there, all information will be taken from the locally installed version -- not from the mod portal. Open the second tab instead ("Install") and see whether the description has changed! Perhaps it really is just as simple as that. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

sraw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: How to update the description of mod?

Post by sraw »

Pi-C wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm
sraw wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:11 pm
I've updated the description of my mod during the updating. But I notice that it doesn't change in the game.
My guess is, you looked at the description of your mod in the left tab ("Manage") of the game's mod manager. If you select a mod there, all information will be taken from the locally installed version -- not from the mod portal. Open the second tab instead ("Install") and see whether the description has changed! Perhaps it really is just as simple as that. :-)
Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out. I actually need to update the summary in mods.portal.com instead of the description in info.json. That's a little bit counterintuitive I think.

Return to “Modding discussion”