Mod Spotlights

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mod Spotlights

Post by vampiricdust »

Hey guys, I recently started taking up making youtube videos for personal growth and to support this amazing game! While just making series was all I was aiming to do, I thought it would be good to support the modders as well. If you want your mod or have a mod to recommend, please post in here with the mod and any information on the mod that might help me make videos that showcase it properly.

I intend to showcase them in one of three ways:
  • The first way is through adding the mod to a factory in end game and then using the mod to upgrade the factory to take advantage of the mod

The second way is through starting a new game to showcase the mod through early game.

The third way is to use an edited map to put me in position to show the mod in it's prime.
I'll be picking and doing videos of mods regardless, but figured it would good to get some more detailed information on mods that could add to their videos. Also, I'm going to try and give credit for the graphics of mods to their creator as I've noticed YuokiTani seems to do a lot of graphics for people, which is always a huge help to graphically challenged modders.

Main mods I personally use like Treefarm, Liquid Station Mod, F.A.R.L., Default Request Amount, and Blueprint String will be the first set of videos since I have the most experience with them. Any thoughts or ideas on the next set or tips or tricks to those mods would be of amazing help to showing off what the modders can do.

Mod on guys.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod Spotlights

Post by YuokiTani »

Have you done a Mod-Spotlight ?
You have no separate Playlist on your channel, all included in Oil-Raider-Series ?

I think it's hard for you to know who made a graphic - before you go wrong it's better not to name/credit.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod Spotlights

Post by vampiricdust »

YuokiTani wrote:Have you done a Mod-Spotlight ?
You have no separate Playlist on your channel, all included in Oil-Raider-Series ?

I think it's hard for you to know who made a graphic - before you go wrong it's better not to name/credit.
Not yet. It's not hard if the mod maker informs me or it's in the thread for the mod. Just going to try and include credits of them when I can.

Return to “Modding discussion”