[1.1.81] Error HeatBufferManager.cpp:368: Didn't record all update indexes: 1 != 2.

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
thedoh
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.81] Error HeatBufferManager.cpp:368: Didn't record all update indexes: 1 != 2.

Post by thedoh »

Log (sanitised) is attached. I'm not really expecting much here because I didn't save the game and thus have no reproduction steps.

The context is entirely vanilla in the midst of a 100% speedrun that was dead (unrelated to this issue, though I guess it would have been eventually to this! :D).

I wasn't even interacting with the game as I was drinking some water while construction bots were building a nuclear power plant that I expect was warming up.

The goal if this bug report is to put it on the radar that whatever is causing this is still doing it.
Attachments
factorio-current-sanitised.log
(9.59 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.81] Error HeatBufferManager.cpp:368: Didn't record all update indexes: 1 != 2.

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report however log file only for this bug report is not enough. Looking into the code the only reasonable way for such failure is for the heat buffer (heat pipe, reactor, heat exchanger) to fail its update if it is considered to be already updated in this tick. That could happen due to memory corruption or because of some flaw in the code, but without a reproduction steps this is not possible to be verified.

thedoh
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.81] Error HeatBufferManager.cpp:368: Didn't record all update indexes: 1 != 2.

Post by thedoh »

Totally understand! I knew it'd end up here eventually.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”