[1.1.101] Crash randomly (ItemStack::swapWith)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
fobar22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.101] Crash randomly (ItemStack::swapWith)

Post by fobar22 »

I have had intermittent crashes while playing on my linux computer. It has happened with different sets of mods, I even did a complete reinstall of the game and mods, but the issue still pops up. I also updated the gpu driver to the latest nvidia 2060 driver. I included my current modlist, but this also happened on a K2SE map - and when it did, it would either corrupt the save and/or one of the mod graphics files.

No specific action causes the crash, sometimes it happens when loading the game, and sometimes it even happens when someone else on my home network starts up their copy of Factorio through Steam - not even joining the game, just launching the executable from Steam to begin with.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
factorio-current.log
(47.16 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] Crash randomly (ItemStack::swapWith)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This indicates that your CPU and or RAM is unstable. To-date there have been several reports around crashes similar to this and every one has ended up being hardware instability on the players computer.

However, if you do find a way to reproduce this reliably let us know.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

fobar22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.101] Crash randomly (ItemStack::swapWith)

Post by fobar22 »

Found a failed stick of RAM with memtest86+.

I removed the module, hopefully that resolves the issue.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”