[0.9.1] Bad allocation

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Diocruel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.9.1] Bad allocation

Post by Diocruel »

Heya,

I read the dev post and it said something about fixing corrupted save files. When playing 0.9.0 I lost all my saves pretty randomly. They were still there but when loading the game just automatically exited. There was 1 save file still working, but that was 4 hours before the rest. However after the update to 0.9.1 all my save files give the same error: Bad allocation. I think it has something to do with the memory placing of the data of the game and I'm not sure if it is fixable. Nevertheless it was 14 hours of work that was lost, so if it is fixable, I'd like to know.

http://speedy.sh/3XBWu/Diocruelssaves.7z My saves.

Thanks in advance,
Dio.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.9.1] Bad allocation

Post by cube »

I will look at the saves, but without any testing I'd guess that you don't have enough memory. Try closing other applications.
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Ok, ok, my debugging abilities are having a bad day. It's a save corruption from 0.9.0, sorry for that. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 491#p18541
I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Diocruel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Diocruel »

Heya, I think 6GB of ram should be enough for the game, right? Anyways thanks for looking! I gave up on these saves and starting a new playthrough. I suppose it won't happen again?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

@Diocruel It shouldn't this issue has been solved for the 0.9.1. But yeah, only death and taxes are certain in this world ...

Return to “1 / 0 magic”