Left Click's Failure to Register

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
soldeviljr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Left Click's Failure to Register

Post by soldeviljr »

The title is as simple as it sounds, a fair majority of any and all my left clicks do not register while playing Factorio, multiplayer and singleplayer. This has occurred since I bought Factorio on steam (a day or two after it was released on Steam)

My reports so far as my attempts to solve this issue have been...

-I have uninstalled, and reinstalled. (Keeping my save files in the process)
-Attempted to play new worlds, or multiplayer, LAN and online.
-Checked my Universal Serial Bus (USB) by using multiple mouses (Three total) to no avail.
-Played in full-screen and windowed with no effect on the issue.

My current temporary fix to make the game more smooth was to switch all my left mouse controls to my right mouse button, and vise versa. (Because right clicking with the pre-set's is less common than left clicking which means less times it fails on me.)

The clicks fail at random intervals for a couple of seconds (1-8 seconds; typically)

My specs are as follows.
-Dual GTX 660 2GB (each)
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
-64Bit Windows 7 OS Premium Edition

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Left Click's Failure to Register

Post by Nexela »

Did you try moving your mouse to a different usb port? 2.0 vs 3.0 etc. Assuming it is a usb mouse. I I had issues with my mouse that I took me forever to figure out. Turned out I had a conflict with USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver installed and my mobo bios. The solution for me was to use 2.0 ports until my mobo came out with a new bios image.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Meanwhile, most touchpads will fall under this unsolvable issue (unsolvable because it is a driver "feature").

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Because you're the only person I've seen say they have this issue that leads me to believe it's some hardware specific issue on your end and not something Factorio would be causing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

soldeviljr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soldeviljr »

Rseding91 wrote:Because you're the only person I've seen say they have this issue that leads me to believe it's some hardware specific issue on your end and not something Factorio would be causing.
It is exactly what I thought, but different mouse, ports, and even rechecking the USB in the device manager have no affect on Factorio. Every game, application, and website I visit is unaffected by this issue (besides Factorio) which leads me to think it is something in the game. I was hoping if anything the forum would provide and answer to my search.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I might be your best bet, being one of the few people who frequent the 1/0.

Can you confirm if the _symptoms_ of the touchpad-related link apply? Specifically, does this only happen when you are pressing a key or shortly afterwards? Do you have a touchpad or other touch input device installed at all?

My best guess right now is a misbehaving driver.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”