[0.13.0-4] Game does not update propertly on osx/steam

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.0-4] Game does not update propertly on osx/steam

Post by staviq »

This is not the problem desribed in the known graphics problems thread, as none of described solutions work, and manually reinstalling the game does work without changing any configuration options.

Since 0.12 to 0.13.0 update, ( When i started plaing ) every update sprites get damaged.

Sometimes they are empty, somethimes they are random ( misaligned other textures ), Sometimes only part of them are showing.

And most important of all, sometimes game will freeze when loading sprites.

The effect is diffrent every time i start the game.

None of the solutions described here works: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9300

The only solution is to "Delete local content" in steam, and redownload the game, and this works every time, and after reinstall everything works fine until the next path is out.

Happens only on osx/steam, does not happen on windows/steam.

EDIT1:

This might have something to do with Steam caching some files ?

I just tried to repair the game by reinstalling, and forgot to restart steam between deleting loca files and reinstalling, and the problem persisted ( damaged sprites ), then, i deleted the local files again, closed the steam, opened steam, and installed the game and sprites are fine now.

This suggests to me that this problem might be caused by how steam handles the update.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.13.0-4] Game does not update propertly on osx/steam

Post by HanziQ »

If this is a bug with steam updating, there is nothing we can do about it. You could make a copy of the game files that are fine and a copy that is broken and compare those folders to see if the files are actually damaged.

staviq
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by staviq »

HanziQ wrote:If this is a bug with steam updating, there is nothing we can do about it. You could make a copy of the game files that are fine and a copy that is broken and compare those folders to see if the files are actually damaged.

Ok, i'll do it when next update comes out, and update this post.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

If you do prove there is an issue, however, open a support ticket with Valve so they can become aware of the problem.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”