[0.3.2] Startup crashes

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
BlackRainbow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.3.2] Startup crashes

Post by BlackRainbow »

Hi!

The game used to work just fine...

Now, whenever I start the game the screen flashes for a few seconds and then a message error appears:

Window Title
Content Title
Failed to install audio!

At first I thought it was because I started the game with an extended desktop (dual monitor setup)...

Reinstalling the game removed the error window only once...

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.3.2] Startup crashes

Post by FreeER »

While I can't help much since I've never had this error myself, what OS are you on (Windows/Linux distro/Mac)?
MF- wrote:That message popped up on me on linux.
But that was caused by misconfigured pulseaudio in a way that prevented it from starting.

If anything, the message should be fixed to read "Failed to initialize audio output"
I believe there was also someone who didn't have the libasound2 dependency which caused that error (again, on linux)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

BlackRainbow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.3.2] Startup crashes

Post by BlackRainbow »

Hey,

So, my OS is Windows 7 (64-bit) (on both my desktop and laptop PCs). On my laptop it works just fine.
But, as I said, on my desktop computer I managed to boot the game at least 6 or 7 times, and the error started to pop up after I tried to play with an extended desktop. That could obviously be a coincidence, but it's the only variable I can think of. I hadn't installed a single program between my last working play and the first crash either.
The odd thing is that now it doesn't start properly even when I use a single monitor...

I bet that if I were to wipe everything (reg files and whatnot) it'd work...

thanks for your input though ;)

Return to “1 / 0 magic”