Crash for none specific reason [1.1.26 (build58172, win64)]

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash for none specific reason [1.1.26 (build58172, win64)]

Post by gjvanderwolf »

It is impossible for me to say what the specific reason was why the game crash. I just checked the progress of a Mk.2 constructor. Set it to constructing straight pipe. Walked away. Had to write down something which was unrelated to the game. There was no interaction with the game or computer during that time.

Noticed the autosave indicator stopping, the Windows game console overlay appeared at the right side of my screen. After a while noticed the indication that there was a second Factorio screen according to Windows. I brought it forward. It was the crash dialog box.
Attachments
_autosave2.zip
(5.12 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(887.92 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
factorio-previous_20210310_12.log
(8.53 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crash for none specific reason [1.1.26 (build58172, win64)]

Post by boskid »

It crashed with the message:

Code: Select all

Error Inserter.cpp:195: Saving in this state will result in a desync when loaded.
This error is produced when saving inserter that does not support custom vectors when it has non default vectors (pickup vector or dropoff vector). As in vanilla no inserter uses them there should be no way to get an inserter with custom vectors. There are 3 paths how the custom vectors can be set but none of them seems to be possible to get an inserter with invalid vector in the first place (one sets correct values from prototype, second only sets if inserter allows custom vectors and third copies vectors from other inserter). Because of that for now i am suspecting this to be a 1/0 magic until proven otherwise (for example by giving some reproduction steps).

-- edit:
Interesting, when looking into the dump it is obvious that the faulty inserter is the one at {16.5, -60.5} because it has pickupVector.x equal to -1.7800590868057611e-307. I have no idea how could it get that value, its 2 bit flips far from being pure "0".

gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gjvanderwolf »

hey @Boskid,

Thanks for your reply. Based on what you write I understand that there is an inserter at { 16.5, -60.5} that confused its custom vectors. It came to a result in calculating its vectors other than the value 0 (zero). A value that you seem to expect, based on your description of the problem, your findings.

Is there anything that I can do to try and re-iterate that?

Quick question: I assume for now the numbers between the curly braces are location coordinates. If so, how do I access them in my game play?

-- edit:

What I found out is that my computer might have received an update in the background during the game crash. I found this out when I was trying to restart the game through the steam interface. The game was starting and then became in limbo. It had no reason to crash nor was it able to proceed. That made me aware something rather low level on either the game software or even lower must have been corrupted. Replacing parts of the OS is a good way the hang up other software.

_CodeGreen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by _CodeGreen »

I had this happen to me as well, experimenting with diagonal inserters, but they were all of the vanilla prototypes with just the insert_position and pickup_position modified. Probably random occurrence, but if it happens to enough people it might be worth looking into.
Attachments
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
factorio-current.log
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
My Mods | If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable

gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gjvanderwolf »

Thanks _CodeGreen for your reply. I myself are a very vanilla player. The inner workings of any of the stuff one can build I have no clue what so ever. I wish you luck and wisdom with finding what is the problem with your diagonal inserters.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”