We support Ukraine

Regular reports on Factorio development.
mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: We support Ukraine

Post by mmmPI »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:52 pm
I feel like because they couldn’t successfully push the narrative that Ukraine is bad, they are now trying to push the idea that any news source that doesn’t say Ukraine is bad (which is probably what? 80-90% of them?) is actually government propaganda.
could be on purpose or not; one could be genuinly confused, when your state media are the only one allowed, TV, radio, newspaper, for millions of persons, then it creates a bubble big enough that it include many people including very smart people that never bother caring to much about the news, you can hear read see an almost coherent narrative if you don't look closely, similar to the how do you know you are not dreaming ?

FuryoftheStars wrote:
This thread has turned into diarrhea.
well yeah due to the bad faith of some participant but not everything is
FuryoftheStars wrote:
I wonder what they’d say about the theater with the words “children” written outside being bombed. :roll:
That's a classic tactic to hide chemical bionazi bomb, you write children next to it so that people think it's children but really it is a trap to confuse potential aerial special operation plane that's what they gonna say. This or it didn't happen, or that they writte the thing after it was bombed. Or that it's actually the Ukraine that bomb it to accuse russia of bombing thing while the russian army only came to liberate people. maybe something else who knows

makrom
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by makrom »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
I wonder what they’d say about the theater with the words “children” written outside being bombed. :roll:
That's easy, it was the Ukrainians. By the way, in 2021, Russia ranked 150th (out of 180) in the World Press Freedom Index, yet we still bother discussing whether their claims may have some merit? As if they care the slightest bit about the truth, their only agenda is to make their side look good (or rather less horrible than they actually are).

Nexarius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nexarius »

makrom wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:33 am
[...] As if they care the slightest bit about the truth, their only agenda is to make their side look good (or rather less horrible than they actually are).
Basically 'business as usual'. The media and / or politicians did not suddenly start lying after the war started in ukraine they been doing it for a long time.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:07 pm
how do you know you are not dreaming ?
For me, it’s very easy to know when I’m dreaming. Course, I don’t want them to end cause they’re so much better than reality…. :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

enterisys wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:09 pm
Already gave up on hospital? I understand when foreign minister says that there were military targets inside and military office claims that they did not bomb hospital its hard to make your own opinion.
I haven't been there and haven't seen it.

But NOW I'm even more convinced of it. Since there were photos from Western mercenaries, how Russia really bombed objects in Lviv and Nikolaevka.
You can easily compare the level of destructiveness.
But why, for you all chewed by media.
I think your are confusing my opinion with the truth.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:55 pm
That's not here that you are going to have the answer, one should ask the perpetrators for his motives.
So they were asked and they answered. Or again an answer that is inconvenient for your vision of the world?

In general, too much information now out of context. Too obvious attempts to manipulate the minds of citizens. Reading various news from Russia and Europe, I constantly see the use of trigger words.

In the words of eminent copywriter Gary Halbert, "The printed word is the most powerful source of power in the universe." And one of the most powerful marketing principles is: “Logic drives thinking, emotions drive action.”

For this reason, “trigger words” or “emotionally-resonate” language are the most important leverage of a copywriter whose goal is conversion, whether it be a purchase, a subscription or something else.

Russia is conducting a PEACEFUL special operation in Ukraine. (In Russia)
Or
Russia is bombing PEACEFUL cities. ( In EU)

If you remove the word PEACEFUL, the emotional component of the text changes dramatically, which means there will be less reaction in response
Last edited by Djmixxx on Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
I feel like because they couldn’t successfully push the narrative that Ukraine is bad, they are now trying to push the idea that any news source that doesn’t say Ukraine is bad (which is probably what? 80-90% of them?) is actually government propaganda.
Still can't think of Ukraine as a community of different people?

Congratulations, just like you, about Ukraine is also talked in the Russian media. One big crowd of people.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 am
mmmPI wrote:
Still can't think of Ukraine as a community of different people?
1) You are attributing me something i have never said, and edited the quote to make it look like it

You are either a lier or someone who made a mistake ?

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:37 am
Congratulations, just like you, about Ukraine is also talked in the Russian media. One big crowd of people.
Maybe you can't properly read ?
Last edited by mmmPI on Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:32 am
mmmPI wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:55 pm
That's not here that you are going to have the answer, one should ask the perpetrators for his motives.
So they were asked and they answered. Or again an answer that is inconvenient for your vision of the world?
I don't know what gives you the impression that your copy paste of random piece of article has any meaning and can be part of a rationnal argument.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:20 am
I haven't been there and haven't seen it.
I haven't been to the south pole, i haven't seen it. Therefore, the south pole doesn't exist, it's just a creation of the media.

Nice argument of yours, that's the meaning of it right ? no-one can know anything since there is different version and one cannot verify itself.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:13 am
the narrative that Ukraine is bad
What exactly do you include in the concept of Ukraine?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:37 am
mmmPI wrote:
This is not me who said that you keep editing a quote that is mis-atributed

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:26 am
I don't know what gives you the impression that your copy paste of random piece of article has any meaning and can be part of a rationnal argument.
I didn't "refer" to my posted articles. Russia's response is printed in every free press. You can choose any and read for yourself.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 am
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Is it answers on my question?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Djmixxx wrote:
mmmPI wrote:
Is it answers on my question?
I can't answer what a term means in a sentence when i am not the one who said the sentence, i don't know why you ask me to justify what someone else said

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:30 am
For me, it’s very easy to know when I’m dreaming. Course, I don’t want them to end cause they’re so much better than reality…. :lol:
Make sense. That makes me think of the movie matrix. There is this one person who took the red pill but doesn't like what he sees. Then he wants to forget it all and go back to the more confortable reality.
Last edited by mmmPI on Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:30 am
I haven't been to the south pole, i haven't seen it. Therefore, the south pole doesn't exist, it's just a creation of the media.
You haven't been in Russia and did not see the Russian free press until February 2022. Therefore, the free russian press doesn't exist until February 2022 , it's just a creation of the media.

The same as what you wrote and for you it's normal.

P.s. Well, true is that it is not exist now. But Russians have free access to non-state media around the world by internet.

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:42 am
I can't answer what a term means in a sentence when i am not the one who said the sentence, i don't know why you ask me to justify what someone else said
I'm sorry, I just noticed my mistake.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:49 am
mmmPI wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:30 am
You haven't been in Russia and did not see the Russian free press until February 2022. Therefore, the free russian press doesn't exist until February 2022 , it's just a creation of the media.

The same as what you wrote and for you it's normal.
I knoow you do cheap mirror argument, you registered on this forum and posted all your post in that thread following the same pattern.

Anyone can read old internet : https://archive.org/

For example this way you can see that RT is pro-vaccine in russia but anti-vaxx in EU for some reason.

Djmixxx wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:49 am
P.s. Well, true is that it is not exist now. But Russians have free access to non-state media around the world by internet.
vpn-use-in-russia-is-surging-as-government-tightens-internet-control
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/11/vpn-use ... ntrol.html

This is the kind of thing that makes me feel there is cyber curtain being built in russia in those events which makes me sad because ii feel it will extend and cut-off totally the russian community of human beings from the internet, and have it be a giant intra-net

Djmixxx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Djmixxx »

You state the effect but not the cause. this is an example of taking it out of context.
If you read the article, it mostly talks about Meta.

Cause:
https://fortune.com/2022/03/11/facebook ... ath-putin/

And this is not taking into account the pro-Ukrainian targeted advertising for Russians.

Once again, Russians don't need a VPN to read most independent media. only state-controlled media are blocked.

You are surprised by such a reaction during the information war?

Return to “News”