Using RSO causes map generation preview to not show ore

Things that has been reported already before.
Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Using RSO causes map generation preview to not show ore

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

The map generation previews seems to handle modded ores just fine including Angel's infinite ores. However, when one enables the Resource Spawner Overhaul (RSO) mod the preview no longer shows any ores at all. I'm leaning on the side of "Whoops, not intended" on this one since it seems odd to exclude such a popular mod from working with the preview functionality, but if it's not a bug then I suppose this gets transferred over to Ideas and Suggestions.

Tested on 0.16.18.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Using RSO causes map generation preview to not show ore

Post by foodfactorio »

hi Jackalope, are you also getting any of the same things as me here, or is it only the preview that doeosnt show them, but when you start the actual game they appear?
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=54614
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

Ah, I did a search to look under all the Bug Report areas for RSO and it turned up nothing, but it seems I messed it up and missed that thread.

Foodfactorio, it is indeed like that and the link Zavian gave shows why. Bit unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Thread can be tossed I guess.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I knew that mod description on mod portal is to long to read... or just ignored;)

Return to “Duplicates”