Construction bot slow in the prescence of large number of upgrade ghosts

Things that has been reported already before.
clover3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Construction bot slow in the prescence of large number of upgrade ghosts

Post by clover3 »

I am building belts over long distance using spidertrons. I found that after making upgrade ghosts for large number of belts (10,000), any upgrade/redirecting requests on belts are very slow to handled by construction bots. Specifically, if the ghost request is made inside the roboport/spidertron range, it gets directly handled, but if they were outside of it when the request was made, they are not handled even after moving a spidertron to that area.

I am reporting this because I found that construction/destruction ghosts do not suffer the same problem, and this problem is more apparent for upgrade requests.
For the new construction ghosts, construction bots of spidertron handle than as the spiderton moves into that area. So my guess is that upgrade ghosts are implemented differently than the construction ghosts, and it might be fixed.

I am aware of the existence of the bug (or feature) that constuction bots are slowed when there are many ghosts requests in the roboport area. However, I cannot find one about this upgrade requests.

I reproduced the bug in the sandbox map, where I found removing all ghost requests solve the problem. However, in the actual map, it was not easy to find out and remove all the ghost requests.

Thank you for the reading,
Attachments
20231119210651_1.jpg
20231119210651_1.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 348 times
bug2_3.zip
(5.46 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

clover3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Construction bot slow in the prescence of large number of upgrade ghosts

Post by clover3 »

Thank you for the reference. I don't want to bother developers if this is not easy to fix.

I wanted to just point that the problem is more serious with the upgrade ghosts while the construction/destruction job doesn't get similar level of problem. My guess is that the construction and upgrades are handled in different queues and the construction queue is assigned more ticks than the upgrade queue.

:)

Return to “Duplicates”