[0.9.6] Mac broken textures everywhere after enabling mod

Things that has been reported already before.
muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.9.6] Mac broken textures everywhere after enabling mod

Post by muzzy »

After enabling dytech mod, the loading screen progressbar freezes near 5% although it still seems to try to process the sprites. After a while, the progress bar jumps to 100% instantly and main menu appears, but the dialog background is completely missing (there's only the window background and white text for buttons). Trying to start a game shows pretty much no texture loaded properly.

Disabling dytech mod (even while keeping dytech graphics mod enabled) fixes the problem, but I'd really want to try out the mod soooo....

Progressbar freezes at this point:

Started a new game:

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.9.6] Mac broken textures everywhere after enabling mo

Post by slpwnd »

Did you try the low graphics settings ? Options -> graphics -> low graphics setting. If that doesn't help then please post a specification of your system and graphics card.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Oh my, I had no idea there was such as thing as low graphics settings! Works now. It would be nice if the initialization would detect the situation and recreate the sprite atlas with lower quality settings automatically.

Anyway, this is a 27-inc mid 2010 iMac with ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024MB. I believe it's recent enough that I shouldn't have to tinker with settings to have a properly functioning main menu (checkboxes didn't render so toggling the low graphics setting without disabling the mod first would've been a hassle)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

muzzy wrote:It would be nice if the initialization would detect the situation and recreate the sprite atlas with lower quality settings automatically.
This works for windows, but on mac for reason not known to us, it doesn't notice the lack of video memory and starts to glitch instead. We need to try to cooperate with the graphics engine creators (allegro) to solve this.

Return to “Duplicates”