0.15.32 Game won't start anymore (non-steam)

Things that has been reported already before.
JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

0.15.32 Game won't start anymore (non-steam)

Post by JoeWhizer »

Hey,

I have a wierd issue with the game, but only with the non-steam version I downloaded from the website. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I post it here and you guys can decide how to handle it. Maybe you have a tip on how I could solve this.

The game only gives me an unexpected error on startup and in the log file it says something about crash on d3d9.dll. It is also with earlier versions of the game like 0.15.30, after some update it didn't start any longer. I made a fresh download, wiped the entire folder and get the same error. Steam version, same computer, no issue at all.

I have refreshed DirectX, wiped the folder, nothing seems to work. I'm running multiple versions (with different set of mods and a vanilla one) of the game since 0.15 was in experimental. This is the vanilla one, but the issue occur also on all other non-steam versions. It worked until 15.29/30 and since about then I get this error.

I've attached the log file, hope someone have an idea.

And I'm using Windows 10 1703 Creators Update
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

JoeWhizer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 0.15.32 Game won't start anymore (non-steam)

Post by JoeWhizer »

okay, I got it. You can close this ticket - The issue is with MSI Afterburner.

I remember there was an issue with Afterburner since 1703 and Unity Engine and I just tested it now and when I close Afterburner it works. Obviously the current stable is not working well with 1703.
But I still don't get why the steam version works.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.15.32 Game won't start anymore (non-steam)

Post by posila »

Hi, Afterburner uses RivaTuner Statistics Server, which is usual suspect in these kind of issues.

RTSS version 7.0.0 or higher should work fine on Win 10 Creators Update

Return to “Duplicates”