[0.17.9] Crash during tutorial

Things that has been reported already before.
calxier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.9] Crash during tutorial

Post by calxier »

Was testing the new tutorial and it crashed.

Crash occurred after finishing the step of mining coal with the burner miner. I was halfway through chopping a tree when it finished, the game crashed at the moment I finished harvesting the tree

The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_tick (ID 0)
__base__/lualib/compi.lua:97: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
__base__/lualib/compi.lua:97: in function 'stand_next_to'
__base__/lualib/npe/helper-branches.lua:683: in function 'init'
...s/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/story_2.lua:231: in function 'jump_to_node'
...s/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/story_2.lua:196: in function 'update'
__base__/lualib/npe/helper_story.lua:40: in function '?'
__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:7: in function <__base__/lualib/event_handler.lua:4>

calxier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] Crash during tutorial

Post by calxier »

retried. Game crashed again at same point. I wasn't doing anything at the time so I expect its not related to player actions

TheEnemy42
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.9] Crash during tutorial

Post by TheEnemy42 »

I can confirm. For me it happened as I picked up the coal from the chest in front of the burner. I tried starting over from scratch and the same happened. It crashes 1-2 seconds after the coal mining step in the beginning completes.

I actually think this is the first crash I've experienced in Factorio ever after 400+ hours.

Currently primary Danish translator of Factorio. Feel free to contact me in regards to the translations.

Return to “Duplicates”