Not a game bug [0.18.38] Game freezes for an extra 2-3 seconds when pasting or placing a blueprint

Things that has been reported already before.
coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Not a game bug [0.18.38] Game freezes for an extra 2-3 seconds when pasting or placing a blueprint

Post by coffee_fiend »

I was running [0.18.36]. And was having no issues or delays pasting even fairly large blue prints.
As soon as I let factorio update to this release [0.18.38]. The game started freezing for 2-3 seconds every time I place a blueprint.

I looked at the log file and do not see any errors popping up in it.

It literally just freezes for a few seconds and then resumes just fine.
This isn't a normal performance type issue. It occurs even if the blueprint is just a single inserter for belt for example so has nothing to do with the size of the blueprint.

LOL It's really annoying unfortunately at least as long as I'm actively trying to build stuff.

Placing items doesn't cause a problem either. It is just a function of placing a blue print.

Any other information I can supply?

UPDATE: I moved to a different area, and now the freeze is more like 10-15 seconds.
This is getting to the point where the game is unplayable.
Last edited by coffee_fiend on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.38] Game freezes for an extra 2-3 seconds when pasting or placing a blueprint

Post by Loewchen »

Do you have the miniloader mod installed?
If not, post a save that includes all your mods and you can reproduce the issue with please.

coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.38] Game freezes for an extra 2-3 seconds when pasting or placing a blueprint

Post by coffee_fiend »

I have miniloader installed.
Is there an issue with that then?
I'll check for some updates then and see.

coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Post by coffee_fiend »

Miniloader is the cause.
Thanks for the clue

Return to “Duplicates”