[kovarex] [1.0.0] Crash updating blueprints: GameActionHandler::processBlueprintEntitiesSelection (check failed)

Things that has been reported already before.
wild_dog
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] Crash updating blueprints: GameActionHandler::processBlueprintEntitiesSelection (check failed)

Post by wild_dog »

I am not 100% certain how it happened, since it happened fast, but it had to do with the new features intorduced with blueprints.

I believe the following happened, but am not 100% sure.
  1. Selected update blueprint (in stead of copy blueprint) in a 1 deep blueprint book (Main BP book -> sub-book 1 -> sourceBP).
  2. With the select area for update cursor (same as when holding a blank blueprint) active, placed the 'blank' blueprint in another sub book, thinking it was a copy, creating a 'blank' blueprint in the other sub-book (Main BP book -> sub-book 2 -> blank 'update' BP)
  3. Selected blank 'Update' blueprint to try to remove it (press q, escape, delete).
  4. With blank 'update' blueprint still selected after above step, selected some random stuff to reopen the blueprint so I could cancel the update process.
    Crash.
This was in a freeplay world, working on some blueprints, with all the cheats on (all tech, all day, etc.) and enemy bases off.

Attatched is the log from this crash.

EDIT: video of steps for reproduction: https://youtu.be/Ga7nwFOuL1M

Error GameActionHandler.cpp:4160: cursorAdapter.getBlueprintItem() && !cursorAdapter.getSingleBlueprintRecord() was not true
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(32.39 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Last edited by wild_dog on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.0.0] Crash updating blueprints: GameActionHandler::processBlueprintEntitiesSelection (check failed)

Post by Loewchen »

Can you reproduce the crash when following the steps you provided?

wild_dog
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Crash updating blueprints: GameActionHandler::processBlueprintEntitiesSelection (check failed)

Post by wild_dog »

Yes. Exactly as described.
I'll check if the sub-book thing is needed.

wild_dog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wild_dog »

Different sub book is not needed, i suspect the only thing needed is using update, placing the update BP in a book, then reselecting the update BP and dragging/selecting something to update.

see: https://youtu.be/Ga7nwFOuL1M

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Crash updating blueprints: GameActionHandler::processBlueprintEntitiesSelection (check failed)

Post by kovarex »

Hello, this is duplicate of this bug (89886), which is resolved for 1.1

Yea, I know that this report was sooner, so technically, the other is duplicate, but I'm just going to mark this one to avoid extra "paperwork" :)

kovarex

Return to “Duplicates”