[1.0.0] Cannot place ghost train if ghost is 90 degrees rotated from rail.

Things that has been reported already before.
ribsngibs
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.0.0] Cannot place ghost train if ghost is 90 degrees rotated from rail.

Post by ribsngibs »

Get a train in your hand that is vertical and try to place it as a ghost (not direct placement) onto a horizontal rail, or vice versa. It will be impossible to do so (even though graphically the train in your hand will snap to the rail correctly). Because hitting the rotate key with a train in your hand does not rotate the train 90 degrees, but only reverses the direction of the train by 180 degrees, it makes it impossible to place a ghost train if the train in your hand (or trains available for pipetting) happens to not be oriented correctly.

In the video I pick up a north facing train and show that I can place it directly or as a ghost on vertical rail, and that I can also place it directly on horizontal rail, but it is impossible for me to place it as a ghost on horizontal rail. Similarly I can place the east facing train directly or as a ghost on horizontal rail, directly on vertical rail, but not as a ghost on vertical rail.

https://youtu.be/Xa4xMfAw-CQ

Probably related: it is very difficult to place ghost trains on rail even if it is aligned correctly - the acceptable click location seems very, very small in comparison to the very generous acceptable click area when direct placing a train.

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Cannot place ghost train if ghost is 90 degrees rotated from rail.

Post by knightelite »

I've definitely noticed the difficulty with ghost placing trains as well, to the point I basically don't do it (outside of blueprints that include them).

joshinils
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by joshinils »

I also noticed that blueprints of/containing trains are finicky to place, where they won't get placed although I see a preview which has snapped to the rails, I have to be very precise with the cursor.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I believe this is a duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87656 and is also fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Duplicates”