upgrade planner+ blueprint interaction[1.12.18]

Things that has been reported already before.
ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

upgrade planner+ blueprint interaction[1.12.18]

Post by ichVII »

What did I do: Use an upgrade planner on a partially completed build, then a blueprint over that area
What happened: The blueprint includes the placed entities and the ghosts, but ignores marked for upgrade entities.
What I expect to happen: The blueprint includes the entities, which are supposed to be placed by bots, like it includes ghosts.

Related: When you use the upgrade planner (yellow to red belt) on an area, then a decon planner, wait until bots took parts down, then undo your deconstruction order, it will place red belt ghosts, where the bots have either placed red belts before or the yellow belts have been deconstructed and unorder for decontruction the renaining yellow belts, leaving the player with a messy mix of yellow and red belts.

The second issue seems to be more of a niche case, but the first one is very common, when i play.

PS: I first posted this in ideas and suggestions, but I really consider this a bug. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94803

Edit: video https://youtu.be/kJZUZyZL7D0. Music is not relevant, but it shows exactly what I mean.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: upgrade planner+ blueprint interaction[1.12.18]

Post by ichVII »

So I am stuck with the suggestion. This is still really stupid and I absolutely dont get why this would ever be intended.

So the "right way to create a blueprint is to either wait until bots have build everything (which might not even be aviable yet) or to wait until bots have deconed everything and then use ctrl+z. That is really stupid.

Ok, you can still first create one copy, place it outside of bot range, upgrade planner it and then blueprint it.

Return to “Duplicates”