Requester paste from assembly machine has too large request

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
AndrolGenhald
Inserter
Inserter

Requester paste from assembly machine has too large request

Post by AndrolGenhald »

I like that pasting to a requester chest from an assembly machine scales the ingredients with the time it'll take the assembly machine to craft the item, but with mods some recipes require many ingredients and some assembly machines can craft very quickly. When ingredients are requested beyond the size of the chest one or two of the ingredients can fill up the chest and prevent other ingredients from being delivered.
large requests.png
large requests.png (130.17 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
It would be great if the request scaling would have a maximum based on the size of the chest. Even better would be to have an adjustable multiplier so that the player could decide how many items worth of ingredients to request without having to alter each ingredient individually, with the default multiplier based on crafting speed and chest size.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Requester paste from assembly machine has too large request

Post by Twinsen »

Modders should set "requester_paste_multiplier" on the problematic recipes. By default it's 30, meaning 30 seconds worth of resources.
So I would say this is a minor issue.

AndrolGenhald
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrolGenhald »

I didn't notice that that was adjustable, that definitely helps. I'd say it's still an issue though (although yes, it is fairly minor) because it happens with base game recipes too. With Bob's assembly machine 6 full of speed module 8s underground belt requests 11k iron and 5.5k belts. Sure mods could adjust base game items too, but then you get back to the issue of ingredients not arriving fast enough. I think if modders adjust their recipes requiring many ingredients I probably wouldn't run into it in a normal game, but it's still an issue in more extreme cases.

Thanks for the relpy!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Twinsen wrote:Modders should set "requester_paste_multiplier" on the problematic recipes. By default it's 30, meaning 30 seconds worth of resources.
So I would say this is a minor issue.
Thats only partially applicable if the problem exists within one mod (i.e the mod adds both the recipe and the assembler). As a modder i have no control over what kind of assemblers or requester chests anyone uses with my recipes. I have no way to know if someone uses another mod that adds a ridiculously fast assembler, or a hardcore mod with smaller requester chests.
I agree that it's minor becaues one can still manually adjust though ofc.

Return to “Minor issues”