[1.1.89] Fluid productivity bonus lost with small ouput fluid box

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
SWeini
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.89] Fluid productivity bonus lost with small ouput fluid box

Post by SWeini »

In my PyMods game I stumbled upon a productivity bonus not applied to some mining drills in specific situations.
2023-09-17 21_57_18-Factorio 1.1.89.png
2023-09-17 21_57_18-Factorio 1.1.89.png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 555 times
In the attached savegame you will see two drills, the top one was built before researching mining productivity. The bottom one was built after researching mining productivity. The top one outputs 100/s * 1.1 (as expected), the bottom one outputs 100/s and loses the mining productivity bonus.

Probably this has to do with the fact that the drill's output fluid box only holds 100 fluid, and the bottom drill has a productivity bar that is synchronized with the main production, producing 200 fluid in a single tick.

Expected behavior:
The drill produces the theoretical amount of fluid. Probably using some waiting state like it's done for vanilla mining drills when the belt is full.

If you don't intend to fix this soon, please say so and I will file a bug report for the mod. I do hope that increasing the output fluid box is a workaround for this issue.
Attachments
PyAE bug fluid mining.zip
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 28 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.89] Mining of fluids loses productivity bonus

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is a known behavior of mining drills when they produce fluids. Base game handles this by having the output fluid buffer be a larger size than 1 mining operation. The mod in question should do the same.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”