[1.1.91] Placing landfill when player is on water causes extra landfill at player location

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.91] Placing landfill when player is on water causes extra landfill at player location

Post by BurninSun »

Likely related to https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-346

If the player is standing on water and uses landfill, extra landfill is placed at the player's feet.

Reproduce: Teleport player onto water, place landfill on water, see landfill appear at player's position.

See attached video:
Factorio 1.1.91 2023-09-20 12-01-46.mp4
(16.5 MiB) Downloaded 36 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] Placing landfill when player is on water causes extra landfill at player location

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That's currently as intended to prevent the player from getting stuck when manipulating terrain while they're near. There's a somewhat simple solution to this though - don't teleport yourself onto water :D
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] Placing landfill when player is on water causes extra landfill at player location

Post by BurninSun »

Thanks for the quick response.

The issue appeared when using Space Exploration with the Jetpack mod. I used the jetpack to fly over water, landed in the water to save fuel while figuring out exactly where to place the landfill, then had some landfill magically appear at my feet when I started placing it.

Return to “Minor issues”