[0.13.12] Factorio crashes when other screen (HDMI) is unplugged

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Synergiance
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.13.12] Factorio crashes when other screen (HDMI) is unplugged

Post by Synergiance »

This is a bit of an odd one, someone came in, and tripped over my TV cable from my computer, while I was playing factorio, unfortunately I didn't get to get a good look at the error message displayed because something important had come up, but it was something about a GL texture I think, and the game was crashed, didn't end up recovering.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13.12] Factorio crashes when other screen is unplugged

Post by TruePikachu »

Crashlog? IIRC I haven't had issues disconnecting my alt in 0.12.

Synergiance
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Synergiance »

Crashlog is saved? I'll edit this post with it when I acquire it. The alternate monitor was an HDMI television, to be specific, the main monitor, which the game was running on was just an ordinary DVI monitor.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Unable to reproduce in 0.13.13 on Win7x64 with a SVGA monitor external to my laptop. WinDbg didn't catch anything weird, either.

Synergiance
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Synergiance »

Ok I got it, apologies for the delay, it's heavily reproducible on my system from the looks of it, game updated to 0.13.13 for this test
Crash Log
I was going to post the error box but it just says the same thing as the error in the log, then I click ok and factorio terminates
This is a bit of an uncommon problem, I just wanted to report the bug

EDIT: my bad I thought I was running 0.13.12 last time, it was clearly 0.13.13 based on the log

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

I suppose your video card realizes that the screen in unplugged and shuts down that area of the screen, while factorio still tries to render there, I cannot reproduce it using a display port screen

Synergiance
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.13.12] Factorio crashes when other screen (HDMI) is unplugged

Post by Synergiance »

I don't understand, why would it try to render on a screen it wasn't using in the first place? Perhaps the 970 purges the video memory when there's a screen unplugged? I don't really get it. Also looking at the logs it shows the TV as monitor 0, and the DVI monitor it was running on as monitor 1, which would I would assume change to become monitor 0
Just a couple thoughts I had just now

Return to “Minor issues”