[0.13.20][Twinsen]focus item search ctrl active without invent-screen

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
The_Countess
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.13.20][Twinsen]focus item search ctrl active without invent-screen

Post by The_Countess »

So i use ESDF for movement as opposed to WASD (there are dozens of us i tell you, dozens!)

But when i want to fill a line of building (ctrl) while moving right (F) the character stops moving.

It has to do with the ctrl+F focus-item-search hotkey.

Changing the focus-item-search hotkey to ctrl+G fixes the issue, but it seems strange that the hotkey is active while the inventory screen isn't up.
Alternatively if it would have taken me directly to inventory and the search bar it might have made sense. Then i would have figured out what the problem was

But now i only figured out it was the focus-item-search while making this bugreport, and seeing you could set that key yourself.
The key was added in 0.13 so after updating from .12, suddenly my character didn't respond while trying to move right, which was very confusing.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.20][Twinsen]focus item search ctrl active without invent-screen

Post by Twinsen »

Due to the way our input is done, this couldn't be easily fixed.

And it's a minor issue and maybe not even a bug. You mapped Ctrl+F to something, when you press it that mapping is triggered and nothing else.

Return to “Minor issues”