[0.15.6] Car + Mining + Strange noises

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Tumeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.6] Car + Mining + Strange noises

Post by Tumeden »

Hi there, It's easy enough to explain and reproduce the issue, I was driving along in my fancy new car right, and as common as it is in factorio I hit a tree. So I right clicked the tree to chop it (while in the car).... Why is that a thing by the way? Why can you chop a tree from inside a car? Anyway, While you chop the tree, or mine a rock from inside a car it glitches the sound of chopping/mining terribly where it's almost as if it duplicates it tenfold. It's definitely a minor bug but definitely gives the game a "what the fuck" factor for newcomers. LOL.. hopefully you guys can sort this out?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.6] Car + Mining + Strange noises

Post by MasterBuilder »

Speaking of mining things whilst in vehicles. I managed to mine my tank and pick it up wile still inside it. -_^

I don't remember any strange noises while doing it though, but I didn't try a car.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tumeden wrote:Hi there, It's easy enough to explain and reproduce the issue, I was driving along in my fancy new car right, and as common as it is in factorio I hit a tree. So I right clicked the tree to chop it (while in the car).... Why is that a thing by the way? Why can you chop a tree from inside a car? Anyway, While you chop the tree, or mine a rock from inside a car it glitches the sound of chopping/mining terribly where it's almost as if it duplicates it tenfold. It's definitely a minor bug but definitely gives the game a "what the fuck" factor for newcomers. LOL.. hopefully you guys can sort this out?
Were you playing Multiplayer?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

MasterBuilder wrote:Speaking of mining things whilst in vehicles. I managed to mine my tank and pick it up wile still inside it. -_^

I don't remember any strange noises while doing it though, but I didn't try a car.
That's by design :) You can mine your own car while in it. It just ejects you as if you exited it normally.

Tumeden
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tumeden »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tumeden wrote:Hi there, It's easy enough to explain and reproduce the issue, I was driving along in my fancy new car right, and as common as it is in factorio I hit a tree. So I right clicked the tree to chop it (while in the car).... Why is that a thing by the way? Why can you chop a tree from inside a car? Anyway, While you chop the tree, or mine a rock from inside a car it glitches the sound of chopping/mining terribly where it's almost as if it duplicates it tenfold. It's definitely a minor bug but definitely gives the game a "what the fuck" factor for newcomers. LOL.. hopefully you guys can sort this out?
Yes i was playing multiplayer, I actually tried loading up locally and couldn't reproduce the issue that way...strange really.

Here's an example. If you skip to 1:25 you'll have a quicker understanding on what im talking about.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzxx61oykurzq ... h.mp4?dl=0

The strange part is, it does randomly come and go. Sometimes it'll be that way for hours regardless of what server i am on or if mods or no mods are on that server. Then sometimes it'll just randomly disappear and be okay for a while, then start happening again - but it only happens while driving a vehicle.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tumeden wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:
Yes i was playing multiplayer, I actually tried loading up locally and couldn't reproduce the issue that way...strange really.

Here's an example. If you skip to 1:25 you'll have a quicker understanding on what im talking about.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzxx61oykurzq ... h.mp4?dl=0

The strange part is, it does randomly come and go. Sometimes it'll be that way for hours regardless of what server i am on or if mods or no mods are on that server. Then sometimes it'll just randomly disappear and be okay for a while, then start happening again - but it only happens while driving a vehicle.
It's a known problem with the latency state and sounds. It doesn't correctly handle them in some instances resulting in the same sound getting played too many times. We'll get if fixed at some point in the future.

Return to “Minor issues”