[0.15.24] Ore patch hover text on the map can go off screen

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.24] Ore patch hover text on the map can go off screen

Post by dgw »

Since Rseding91 was quick to fix 50258, this similar issue involving text anchored to the cursor on the map might be worth looking at.

If one is scrolling around the map looking for ore deposits and checking their sizes with the hover-appearing text, patches very near to the right side of the screen/window may result in part/most of the text tip being rendered out of view. With the deconstruction planner thing, it's because the items were always rendered to the left of the cursor. In this case, it appears that map tip text is always rendered to the right… :D

(I meant to bring this up before 0.15.24 was released so it could go into the same patch as 50258, but I obviously wasn't quick enough!)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.24] Ore patch hover text on the map can go off screen

Post by Rseding91 »

I didn't actually fix anything regarding off-screen ness of text. I simply made it render from the cursor -> right when you select from right -> left with the deconstruction planner/blueprint.

Text rendering off-screen is not a simple thing to "fix" and as such we may do this some day but for now I'm going to move this to minor issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”