[0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command console

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command console

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

Pasting text from outside Factorio into the command console(ctrl-v) works perfectly fine until you try and copy or cut text out of the console(ctrl-c/x). The first cut/copy sometimes works and other times it puts binary data in the clipboard ( 33 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 1F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 74 01 00 00 00 00 00 00). Trying to copy the same text on different restarts can have different results. Afterwards you can no longer paste text from outside Factorio into the command console nor will Factorio try and put anything else in the clipboard. You can still copy and paste text generated in Factorio. It just doesn't interact with the clipboard outside the program. This situation is fixed by restarting Factorio.

Given that I'm running Linux and clipboards are very different between operating systems I wonder if this bug exists on mac or windows.

I seem to be attracting lots of bugs today. This doesn't usually happen. I hope to not post a new bug report any time soon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command cons

Post by kovarex »

I have no idea what is causing this, it works properly on our linux/win so this is probably the problem specific to your configuration.

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command cons

Post by cube »

This is the kind of bug I've seen so much when developing the clipboard part ... I'll look into it someday.

Kanji
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command console

Post by Kanji »

Just chiming in I encountered this problem today on ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS with linux kernel 6.0.11. And game version 1.1.74.

I don't know if the binary copy part was encountered but I was unable to copy from the game to the OS's clipboard.

Restarting the game fixed this issue, at least temporarily. I may edit if it happens again.

tomkcook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.10.11][linux] copying/cuting text out of command console

Post by tomkcook »

Similar problems here. I can't find a way to paste from the system clipboard into the "import string" dialog.

Edit: Scratch that. I remap caps-lock to control in GNOME but factorio doesn't respect the GNOME key mappings. Ctrl+V with a real control key works.

Return to “Minor issues”