[0.17.4] Power pole ghosts hard to see

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
vladdu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.4] Power pole ghosts hard to see

Post by vladdu »

This is a small issue, but annoying. It might have been so before 0.17, but I had the nanobot build things for me :-)

When placing a blueprint, in the ghosted image it is difficult to see the power poles on most terrains.

Otherwise 0.17 looks great for me.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Power poles hard to see when ghosted

Post by fishycat »

vladdu wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 pm
This is a small issue, but annoying. It might have been so before 0.17, but I had the nanobot build things for me :-)

When placing a blueprint, in the ghosted image it is difficult to see the power poles on most terrains.

Otherwise 0.17 looks great for me.

In Nexela's PickerTweaks is a setting, where you can change the ghost-tint in different colors.

vladdu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vladdu »

Thanks, that's a good suggestion, but it it is indeed a problem (and not just me having bad sight), then I think it should be addressed in vanilla. It's about the first impression, too.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

vladdu wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:37 am
Thanks, that's a good suggestion, but it it is indeed a problem (and not just me having bad sight), then I think it should be addressed in vanilla. It's about the first impression, too.
My eyes aren't that bad, but sometimes it is annoying, especially in pure vanilla, without the help of nanobots or other ghost placing mods.

So I thought, until the devs decide what to do, I help out a fellow factorian in need :)

vladdu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vladdu »

Much appreciated, thanks! Also, now the Nanobots have been upgraded :-)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.4] Power pole ghosts hard to see

Post by Klonan »

There are a lot of problems with the ghost tint, we will fix them all in a single fell swoop at some point in the future...

vladdu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Power pole ghosts hard to see

Post by vladdu »

Thank you!
Talking about visibility, even the icons above the assemblers can be hard to discern (even when normal, not ghosted). Maybe a background for the icons that is less noisy?

Return to “Minor issues”