[0.10.12] Locked CTRL key on Ubuntu

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
schnafon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.10.12] Locked CTRL key on Ubuntu

Post by schnafon »

Hello there,

I noticed a very small bug that's just a bit annoying sometimes: I'm on Ubuntu (14.04 but I don't think it really matters) and I noticed that everytime I switch desktop while playing and come back to Factorio, the CTRL key is locked and I do all kind of stupid things in-game before realizing it. To switch desktop, I need to press CTRL+ALT+LEFT/RIGHT, and my guess is that, since the game never gets a "CTRL unpressed" signal, it somehow thinks I'm still pressing that key when I come back. Indeed: just pressing the key again resets the thing and fixes the problem.
I don't really know if you can do anything about it? It could be some problem in the libraries you're using, and anyway it's not such a big deal, it's just annoying.

Have a nice day, I love your game!

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.10.12] Locked CTRL key on Ubuntu

Post by MF- »

Did you try whether that happens with other similar/allegro applications as well?
Could even be a bug in some ubuntu component :P

schnafon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.10.12] Locked CTRL key on Ubuntu

Post by schnafon »

Well I've played multiple games on Ubuntu (the last ones were Binding of Isaac, Terraria, Starbound, and of course Factorio) and only with this game has the problem shown up.

Return to “Minor issues”