Headless Server (Windows) Crashes With This Error At Random

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
PonceDeLePwn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Headless Server (Windows) Crashes With This Error At Random

Post by PonceDeLePwn »

"factorio_headless_x64_0.14.8" throws this error, seemingly at random, from time to time-
Events that were directly prior to the below error
7272.069 Error MainLoop.cpp:749: Exception at tick 7031938: Sendto (24.247.117.231:58406) failed: A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.

7272.070 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:95: MultiplayerManager failed: "Sendto (24.247.117.231:58406) failed: A message sent on a datagram socket was larger than the internal message buffer or some other network limit, or the buffer used to receive a datagram into was smaller than the datagram itself.
"
7272.071 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:637: mapTick(7031938) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

/p o c
7681.674 Info NetworkInputListener.cpp:41: Refusing Input Action [0 65535 ServerCommand] because multiplayer control is not ready
As you can see by the last line, this causes the server to halt.

Any idea why?

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Headless Server (Windows) Crashes With This Error At Random

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

From what I can tell, your network isn't ready to handle a multiplayer connection.
You're getting buffer overflows, which means either one of two things.
1: You didn't allocate enough RAM to the server process, and it cannot handle everything.
2: You have a potato for you internet setup.

Try fixing both, and then see what happens.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

excubated
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Headless Server (Windows) Crashes With This Error At Random

Post by excubated »

GoldenPorkchop80 wrote:2: You have a potato for you internet setup.
The lack of Factoriotuberous TCP/UDP compatibility should be explicitly stated in the system requirements section.

Return to “Technical Help”