Cant register for the modding database

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mikedubayou
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Cant register for the modding database

Post by mikedubayou »

Hi guys, having some issues here hopin yall could help me out with. First off I will say I love playing this great game, it has given me 124 hours of good times so far, with many more to come Im sure. I feel Ive pretty well mastered the game, atleast what the standalong has to offer, but now Im trying to find more challenges and obstacles, and I see all these mods and want to give them a try, but thats where my problem is. I have an account on the Factorio main site, and it is linked to my steam account as well. I cannot login or create a new account on the modding part of the website however, as all possible usernames I try do not work, but it does say my email is already in use. I guess I created an account in the past, but dont know why I wouldnt be able to log in. Theres only 2 usernames I would have ever used, and neither work :s

Any suggestions here guys?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cant register for the modding database

Post by Loewchen »

The mod portal is using your factorio.com account, if you can not log in with that account, contact the support at support@factorio.com but check first if username+password even work on factorio.com.

mikedubayou
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikedubayou »

Yes I can log into the main site with both my username and email address.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

What Loewchen is saying is that you can use the same username/password you use on factorio.com (main site) to also login to mods.factorio.com (mod portal), the account is already there. If that doesn't work then contact support (see above). We can't help here on the forums with account-related issues.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Technical Help”