Game starts and then hides.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Nixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Game starts and then hides.

Post by Nixen »

Ok, so I've never seen anything quite like this...
I can run Factorio just fine, but it starts minimized and won't err... UN-minimize. I can hover my mouse over the icon in the windows bar and see that the game has loaded and is at the menu, but the game itself is nowhere to be found. Clicking, dragging, pinning, running as Administrator all do nothing. I even tried changing the config file to start in fullscreen. All I got was a mini Factorio playing about 50x50 pixels in the top left of my main monitor.
I'm running Factorio 0.10.12 64 bit and I have two monitors and two AMD graphics cards (Which are currently not crossfired). Windows 7 64 bit operating system, 12 GBs of RAM, i7 processor, plenty of hard drive space... I don't know what to do.
I tried restarting my computer and that didn't help either. Factorio 0.9.8 was working for me about a month ago, I haven't tried reinstalling that one to see if it works yet. I can if it will help.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Architekt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Game starts and then hides.

Post by Architekt »

Try the newest version (it's 0.11.3 now).

Nixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nixen »

Seems to have the same problem.

Nixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nixen »

Ok, so I've figured out a temporary solution. If I go to the properties and launch the game Maximized, I can get it to appear. I just can't minimize it or click away, else it will disappear and never return again.

Any permanent solutions are still appreciated.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

There's no permanent solution as yet. Your method, or using windows+d key is the only solution for now.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =11&t=3322

Nixen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nixen »

Alright thanks, I'll make do with what I have then.

Return to “Technical Help”