Mac not auto updating

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
scarhoof
Inserter
Inserter

Mac not auto updating

Post by scarhoof »

Mac doesn't seem to see the new updates. Stuck on 1.1.74. Looking for updates doesn't find anything. I purchased directly from Tube so it's not Steam or GoG.

I've tested this on two Macs, one Intel, and one M1. I've also tried two different networks in case there is a firewall. I know I can download the latest version from the website but I know auto update used to work. Is there a fix or known issue around this?
Attachments
M1 Mac not seeing updates
M1 Mac not seeing updates
Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 4.28.35 PM.png (3.93 MiB) Viewed 545 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mac not auto updating

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log of a session where you checked for updates, see 52433.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

scarhoof wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:49 pm
I purchased directly from Tube so it's not Steam or GoG.
Could you elaborate on this? I'm not familiar with Tube as a source for our game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

scarhoof
Inserter
Inserter

Post by scarhoof »

Whoops. Looks like my Mac autocorrected Wube to Tube :-) I purchased from Wube direct.

So, update: I had a 1.1.85 sitting on my disk that I had downloaded but never installed, so I used that version to update and when I launched it, Factorio saw there was an update and asked if I wanted to install it. Maybe it was just that old version I was running for some reason wasn't connecting to the update server? Now I'm all up to date. Sorry for the confusion!

Sanqui
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Sanqui »

This problem should be fixed now for those unfortunate mac users on version 1.1.73 or 1.1.74 and experimental updates disabled.
ovo

Return to “Technical Help”