[1.1.50] Crash in directx

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.50] Crash in directx

Post by gjvanderwolf »

Yesterday I played the game without any problems for at least 4 hours. Building, redesigning, moving around. Glitch-less. This morning loading the save of last night (included) the game crashed on load. Meaning looking at the loading progress bar on the screen and getting the error message box. No clue as to what might have gone wrong.

The only other program (a part from all the background processes and services) running was Firefox.
Attachments
freegame_20211224_02_08.zip
The save game file that was used to load. Last saved game made. As said, save after hours of flawless running.
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(852.05 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
factorio-current.log
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.50] Crash in directx

Post by Loewchen »

The game crashed less than a second after launch, before you could even try to load a game.

gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gjvanderwolf »

hello @Loewchen,

Thanks for the reply. I feel supported. Your description is technical probably more insightful. I can confirm that the game never got to the displaying or loading of the main menu. I indeed got the error message box (long?) before that.

What might be going wrong after closing down my PC for the night and booting it the next morning?

After reporting the crash I followed the suggestions in the message box. I shut down and booted the PC. I validated the local files of Factorio. All good. Started the game through Steam interface again. Same behavior. Looked in the log file and saw again DirextX failing. Without rebooting I opened another game through Steam. Sovjiet Republic Workers & Resources. Also heavily depending on DirextX. No problem there. So ... ??

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

I'd try if the .zip Installation works.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

are you using Sleep mode on the PC? that crashes for me if I leave factorio running while it sleeps.

gjvanderwolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gjvanderwolf »

hello @Ptx0,

Thanks for the idea. I feel supported.

I have no sleep mode configured.

Return to “Technical Help”