[1.1.70] Game crash but I think its something with my system.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
HYPPS
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.70] Game crash but I think its something with my system.

Post by HYPPS »

The game crashed, and it will not start and keeps crashing now. Only temp fix is restaring the computer. I get screen flickering sometimes and the crash is random. Pretty sure its my system and not factorio but any help would be appreciated. It has been happening for the past month, getting really frustrated now playing Factorio when it crashes. Here is the log file:
Log File

HYPPS
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.70] Game crash but I think its something with my system.

Post by HYPPS »

I also get the message when it crashes and the screen goes black:

Factorio Crashed due to video card reset or removal.

The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver update for the video card has occured.
Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET

If you see this error often, try rebooting the PC or updating your graphics drivers.
The PC might also be unstable due to overclocking or overheating.
As a possible workaround, you can try switching Factorio to the OpenGL renderer.

I tried the Open GL renderer and there is a lot of screen tearing on my nvidia g-sync monitor, really annoying so I disabled the OpenGL.

HYPPS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HYPPS »

Nothing on my system is overclocked, and the flip representation model is disabled also. Thanks

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If the issue persists with all measures mentioned then all you can do is replace the hardware.

Return to “Technical Help”