Editor Mode not working

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Knooper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Editor Mode not working

Post by Knooper »

When in editor mode I am not able to use any drag-selection tools, nor am I able to open any inventories. This makes the editor unusable. I have tried turning off all mods, uninstalling all mods, uninstalling/reinstalling factorio. Nothing fixes this problem! I notice that when I reinstall factorio it saves all my maps and preferences even though I have steam cloud completely disabled. Is there any method I could use to completely fresh install my game without cloud saved data to maybe fix the problem? What other things should I do to try and trouble shoot?

At one point my editor was working fine, but ever since playing space exploration it just doesnt work.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Editor Mode not working

Post by DaveMcW »

In Windows Explorer, type %APPDATA% in the address bar and delete the Factorio folder.

Knooper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Editor Mode not working

Post by Knooper »

Thank you. I notice that upon deleting my config folder stuff starts to work normally again. Not sure what is causing this, but that fixed it.

Return to “Technical Help”