Factorio crashes when loading a new game in vanilla

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Fireball770
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Factorio crashes when loading a new game in vanilla

Post by Fireball770 »

I noticed I could not load my space exploration map. I removed all mods. I tried to create a new map but when it was created and I loaded in to the rocket, it crashed. I expect the game to operate as intended. It always happens, I tried a few times including restarting my computer.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
factorio log
(12.77 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Fireball770
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Factorio crashes when loading a new game in vanilla

Post by Fireball770 »

I forgot to mention I am on steam and have already verified steam files.

Fireball770
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fireball770 »

I figured it out. I must have had a bad blueprint so removing blueprintstorage.dat and getting blueprints from a slightly old save worked

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

IMO, the game should not crash with a bad blueprintstorage.dat. It should rather ignore or sanitize the problem.
Not sure, maybe devs would like to have a look at the file and check what happens with it?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:28 am
IMO, the game should not crash with a bad blueprintstorage.dat. It should rather ignore or sanitize the problem.
Not sure, maybe devs would like to have a look at the file and check what happens with it?
The blueprint.dat file is not supposed to be corrupt in this way. This kind of corruption indicates something or someone tampered with the creation of the blueprint and left it in an inconsistent and broken state that the game isn't setup to handle.

There's likely a bug with how ever it got into this state that we need to patch. But first we need to know how it got into that broken state from a working state.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:08 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:28 am
The blueprint.dat file is not supposed to be corrupt in this way. This kind of corruption indicates something or someone tampered with the creation of the blueprint and left it in an inconsistent and broken state that the game isn't setup to handle.

There's likely a bug with how ever it got into this state that we need to patch. But first we need to know how it got into that broken state from a working state.
Fair, it's probably something, where you cant handle every case afterwards

Another idea could be to make regular backups of that file. It's currently quite fragile compared to regular savefiles.

Return to “Technical Help”