Multiplayer headless server not running, Hosting multiplayer game failed: Error when opening permission denied

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
RealChigbungus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer headless server not running, Hosting multiplayer game failed: Error when opening permission denied

Post by RealChigbungus »

Im trying to run a headless server on my pc and it refuses to stay open
im on windows 11 and there are mods present
AfraidOfTheDark
belt-visualizer
bobinserters
Squeak Through
StatsGui
textplates
Todo-List
I can give anymore info required at request
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiplayer headless server not running, Hosting multiplayer game failed: Error when opening permission denied

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

Did you try simply changing the file permissions for "C:\Users\tobia\FACTORIO\Factorio"? I would guess that because you created a new folder in your user folder, the default permission does not allow random applications to read or write. You could try moving the folder to your desktop or some other folder if you do not want to change permissions.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answe ... -dont-work
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

RealChigbungus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Multiplayer headless server not running, Hosting multiplayer game failed: Error when opening permission denied

Post by RealChigbungus »

Thanks for the response! Yes I did try changing the permissions of the file but I'll try moving it on to the desktop and get back with a response.

RealChigbungus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RealChigbungus »

Tried moving it to my desktop and doing the things in the link you provided but no dice unfortunately attached is a fresh log file from after the changes :D
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Return to “Technical Help”