Inconsistent crash on exit

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
storm6436
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inconsistent crash on exit

Post by storm6436 »

Summary: Game runs just fine, CTDs when I hit exit on the main menu, but the probability of the crash is mostly inconsistent.

Detail: Until tonight, it's crashed every time I've gone to close the game. (10+ times) Finally got annoyed enough to make a post so I decided to do a little QA-style digging to improve the quality of said post and hit inconsistencies in getting it to crash again. Initial crash was after several hours of play. Second crash was literally just loading the game up, hitting the mod panel to pull names for the list below, and then exiting.

Then it stopped crashing for me. The next few attempts to coax a CTD went without a hitch:
1. Startup -> Exit
2. StartUp -> Mod panel -> Exit
3. Startup -> New Game -> Wait for intro to end -> Exit
4. Startup -> Load my K2SE save in progress -> Exit
5. Startup -> Load K2SE save in progress, let run in background while I typed the rest of this post (minimum 5-10 minutes) -> Exit

Mod list: (All updated to current versions)
K2*
SE*
LTN
LTN combinator modernized
Cargo Ship
Change Map Settings
Vehicle Snap
Regenerate Terrain
Where is my body

* = Full base modpack, included mods not listed for brevity

Log: https://pastebin.com/jZxRGEMk

Savegame: Not included -- Crash seems save independent (Crash on main menu->mod panel -> exit)

Honestly, given the inconsistency, I suspect something specific to my machine (software/hardware/drivers), but I'm not familiar enough with the logging to find the needle in the haystack that narrows it down. Could be swamp gas or sun spots, too. :lol: :roll:

storm6436
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Inconsistent crash on exit

Post by storm6436 »

Loewchen wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:30 am
See 108367.
I actually looked over that one and skimmed their log file before making my post. Outside of the fact we're both using AMD hardware, I didn't see anything that seemed in-common with my logs. From the way his post is written, I got the impression it was CTDing in the middle of the game for him, too, which is different from what I'm seeing on my end. Might be unfamiliarity on my part with the logging (as admitted in the OP) but I'm not convinced our issues are from the same source -- Note: They might be, but my experience seems divergent enough from theirs that I'm reluctant to chalk it up as same-source.

ETA: For what it's worth, he and I have the same video card (5700XT) but I'm running a 3950x, not a threadripper. IIRC, I don't remember updating my video drivers before it started crashing, but I certainly have since it started crashing. Was hoping that would fix it before writing up this post. Also, re: the factorio dump requested in the other thread, I'll have to see if I can even grab that full dump, but that would require me to get it to crash again.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

They are the same. The crash log is the same for both and happens randomly or while exiting the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

storm6436
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by storm6436 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:46 am
They are the same. The crash log is the same for both and happens randomly or while exiting the game.
Other than the larger program dump via task manager, would anything else be helpful?

Return to “Technical Help”