Can't install 1.2 from experimental

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
callmewoof
Inserter
Inserter

Can't install 1.2 from experimental

Post by callmewoof »

I finally got around to downloading the new 1.2 update tonight but it wouldn't auto update so I grabbed the file from the experimental download page (win 7 64-bit). I uninstalled my previous version and ran the installer. This is my error:Image

I tried ignoring the file since I figured its just a sound file, but the installer gave me the same error on all the following files as well. As we speak I'm going to try to redownload the file and see if that changes anything. I didn't use anything special to download; I use chrome and just clicked the download link and let chrome do its generic download method.

Edit: I downloaded the file a second time and this time it installed correctly. Also this time I ran the installer as administrator (I'm the only person on this computer so this isn't something I normally have to do, only rare cases like antivirus programs or whatever). I'm not sure what happened because the two files seem to be the same size (I don't know how to check hash or whatever that thing is to identify file stability). I'll leave this here in case anyone else comes across this problem, or if its helpful to the devs. If need be feel free to close this post if it isn't needed anymore.

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't install 1.2 from experimental

Post by SilverWarior »

The reason why installer failed is because installer file got damaged during download.
Also bare in mind that most browsers nowadays reserve HDD space for file that is being downloaded. Therefore the file size is the file size reported by the server even thou only a few megs have been downloaded already.

Return to “Technical Help”