Scenario Pack

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
pjentw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Scenario Pack

Post by pjentw »

Hi, had a good search but couldn't find the answer.

I purchased the game with the Furnace Attendant upgrade and entered my code into factorio.com which was accepted - but I don't seem to get any of the Scenario Pack items in either Campaign or Custom Scenario!?

Can anyone help? I have attached my current log file which says 0 packages to download. Running 0.11.22 - current stable.

FYI all other parts of game work fine! EDIT: Selecting Check Updates in About states no new updates available.

Anything appreciated.
Cheers,
Phil
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

tara14887
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Scenario Pack

Post by tara14887 »

Yes i have exactly the same problem. Even tried redownloading the game and still no luck. Someone help please. I really wanna play it

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

The new alpha (0.12.3 now) does not auto-upgrade from 0.11.22, so you will have to download it manually from the "experimental updates" section on the download part of the website. After enabling Check Updates it should download the scenario pack.

tara14887
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tara14887 »

hi thanks for ur post. ive tried downloading the zip file of the new version on experimental release, but still no scenario pack. unless im looking in the wrong place lol

*update: just installed the new version through auto installer and checked for updates, and still nothing. getting frustrated now

pjentw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pjentw »

Thanks jeroon - but I'm not looking at upgrading from the stable release to the experimental. Just trying to get the scenario pack - unless you are saying that I can only get the pack via the experimental release - in which case the profile page description should reflect that - as it says that it should be downloaded automatically!

EDIT: Just tried downloading the latest experimental release (0.12.3) and selected Check updates from About and restarted and still no scenario pack!?!

Cheers,
Phil

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

I'm sorry, I was wrong, I was at work when I answered this. If you download the 0.12.3 release, the first time you start it, fill in your username/password, then you have to tick "Options - Other - Check for updates when launching factorio", restart the game and it will offer the scenario pack.

When you do this in 0.11.22 however, it will offer you the upgrade to 0.12.3 AND the scenario pack link, I don't see an option for just the scenario pack.

pjentw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pjentw »

Hey - thanks for posting. I enabled experimental updates and checked for updates and there it was! :)

I have copied the mod across to my 0.11.22 install - it recognises it so will see if it works!

Cheers again,
Phil

tara14887
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tara14887 »

thank you so much jeroon. i did the same as pjentw and now have the scenario pack. thanks for your help :D

tara14887
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tara14887 »

help lol
keep getting these error codes when starting a scenario pack campaign, what is it please?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 8905 times

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

the commands have changed since 0.11.
In 0.11: game.reloadscript()
in 0.12: game.reload_script()

so i'm guessing, just copying the 0.12 version pack to 0.11 doesn't work.. you will have to play 0.12, which has very few bugs and is more fun to play anyway ;)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

jeroon wrote:I'm sorry, I was wrong, I was at work when I answered this. If you download the 0.12.3 release, the first time you start it, fill in your username/password, then you have to tick "Options - Other - Check for updates when launching factorio", restart the game and it will offer the scenario pack.

When you do this in 0.11.22 however, it will offer you the upgrade to 0.12.3 AND the scenario pack link, I don't see an option for just the scenario pack.
If "experimental updates" is not marked, I think it will download the scenario pack - if you don't have it...
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Return to “Technical Help”