Too low TPS and FPS

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Too low TPS and FPS

Post by apriori »

Save: https://yadi.sk/d/7ZdPkRtHpJk6D
Mods: https://yadi.sk/d/Lr9IkrAqpJk9r
PC: i5-3570, 16GB RAM, Radeon R9-380 2GB. 64-bit Factorio v12.21.

I think, my base and map are not enough large to become a reason for this issue...
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Too low TPS and FPS

Post by Loewchen »

Please make a screen-shot with show_fps, show_detailed_info and show_time_used_percent activated (F4 for debug menu, F5 to activate basic tab) and post the factorio-current.log and factorio-previous.log (You can find out where to find those here) as well.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

I've stopped my industry's production - and TPS/FPS came back to 60 (when almost nothing works). Does it mean, that my factory is too big?.. If yes, then we can build rather small factories:
• energy production of about 6k solar panels and the same number of accus
• 2 train lines with 2 trains of 10 cargo wagons each
• about 50 assembling machines working at the same time and up to 1k conveyor tiles
• 1.5k logistics robots
• 6 bucket wheel excavators Mk3 (mod) and about 1k inserters

Or I have another problem with my save?

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

Just tried out your save and i was able to get it up to 60 ups again. Seems like the warehouses are causing the lag because when i replaced al of them the game update went from 40ms to 5ms. As a tempoary fix you can replace the warehouses with passive providers and then hopefully soon a fix will be available to solve this issue so you can use warehouses again.
Waste of bytes : P

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Oh, you mean all warehouses or just yellow ones?

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by keyboardhack »

apriori wrote:Oh, you mean all warehouses or just yellow ones?
Just the ones called "warehouse". Didn't bother with changing the other ones when the ups reached 60. Replacing them with passive provider chests should do it,
Waste of bytes : P

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

So, I should check this out and maybe exclude this mod.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I think there was a post somewhere about inserters taking a lot of time when adding items to big containers. I don't recall if it was solved in any way - it looks like what might be happening in your save.
You might consider filling a bug report for this since you have a good save for test ready.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Ok, I will, thanks. These warehouses were 800 slots, but I've done them 1800 to satisfy square in tiles they have. Looks like it was a mistake. :)

Anoyomouse
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anoyomouse »

apriori wrote:Ok, I will, thanks. These warehouses were 800 slots, but I've done them 1800 to satisfy square in tiles they have. Looks like it was a mistake. :)
Too much of a good thing is bad

I've put warnings on my mod to warn people about possible slowdowns because of warehouses

Sucks tho, but i guess that's how the logic works

here's to hoping i can make Warehouses that store like 50 stacks of an item, but each stack can have like 10k, or 20k of an item in each stack, that ought to speed things up, and make warehouses more interesting
Hacker (n): Someone who makes furniture with an axe

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Anoyomouse wrote:
apriori wrote:Ok, I will, thanks. These warehouses were 800 slots, but I've done them 1800 to satisfy square in tiles they have. Looks like it was a mistake. :)
Too much of a good thing is bad

I've put warnings on my mod to warn people about possible slowdowns because of warehouses

Sucks tho, but i guess that's how the logic works

here's to hoping i can make Warehouses that store like 50 stacks of an item, but each stack can have like 10k, or 20k of an item in each stack, that ought to speed things up, and make warehouses more interesting
Yeah, that would be much more interesting, IMHO!

Return to “Technical Help”