Mod dupe

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
killerbee77
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Mod dupe

Post by killerbee77 »

So I have a 13.6 and 13.7 of a mod they are both installed and when i try to launch my game it says I have a dupe and it closes my game I have already tryed uninstalling the game and looking in the files to find the mods but I cant so help plz :)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod dupe

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Most likely it is trying to look at the other mod directory. There is a directory in your User Directory, somewhere, and one in the game's install folder. Had this issues before myself.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

killerbee77
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by killerbee77 »

I went to my steam apps and look at the game and the folders and could not find anything I need a little more info I am not the best at this.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Mods are not kept in the SteamApps folder, instead they are kept in this directory: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods

Navigate to that folder and delete the appropriate mods and the game should load.

killerbee77
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by killerbee77 »

Alright so i fixed the mod issue now its saying no loader found for selection tool found and ideas? (btw thx for the help)

update: i fixed it I was being retarded and when i re-downloaded the game i forgot to change it to 13x which fixed the issue.

Return to “Technical Help”