in-depth review of the debug menu

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

in-depth review of the debug menu

Post by dinodod »

Any chance someone might make a youtube video on what all the options are in the debug menu are for?

i.e. the expansion of the enemy bases shows me red circles everywhere. That doesn't help me understand what they are thinking

Thanks

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: in-depth review of the debug menu

Post by DaveMcW »

dinodod wrote:i.e. the expansion of the enemy bases shows me red circles everywhere. That doesn't help me understand what they are thinking
Your entire factory is an expansion target. I hope you have defenses! :twisted:

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

DaveMcW wrote:
dinodod wrote:i.e. the expansion of the enemy bases shows me red circles everywhere. That doesn't help me understand what they are thinking
Your entire factory is an expansion target. I hope you have defenses! :twisted:
In 0.13 that is not true (as far as I know), red circles show where a biter base is close enough to expand to, but there is a condition blocking. Green circles show prime expansion candidates, and colors between green and red show less favorable expansion areas.

dinodod
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dinodod »

Well, guess that means everything is up for grabs. I love how the biters eat the trees if they really want to get to my base. So much for a tree fort :)

I have a treefarm mod installed where I can plant saplings as they get harvested. Gonna try to setup some trees in an old biter base and see if I can block it off to give me some space then. Hopefully the biters won't want to make their way to their old base. With the mods I've added (i.e. bob's mods dyson packs), the game really slows down and become a huge tree killer as the basic components require basic circuit boards which require trees :) Don't know how you can play with the mod without a treefarm. Everything needs a tree to be crafted into something :)

So I guess it would be too much to ask to see if we could make water tiles to stop the biters?

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

dinodod wrote:Well, guess that means everything is up for grabs. I love how the biters eat the trees if they really want to get to my base. So much for a tree fort :)

I have a treefarm mod installed where I can plant saplings as they get harvested. Gonna try to setup some trees in an old biter base and see if I can block it off to give me some space then. Hopefully the biters won't want to make their way to their old base. With the mods I've added (i.e. bob's mods dyson packs), the game really slows down and become a huge tree killer as the basic components require basic circuit boards which require trees :) Don't know how you can play with the mod without a treefarm. Everything needs a tree to be crafted into something :)

So I guess it would be too much to ask to see if we could make water tiles to stop the biters?
There should be recipes to create synthetic wood from oil products.

Return to “Technical Help”