Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Fail

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MikeinCA
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Fail

Post by MikeinCA »

Does anyone else that has updated to Windows 10 Anniversary edition get an error when the game loads? I get a blue screen error that states "KMODE Exeception Not Handled" and then collects data for reporting and reboots.

It seems to happen as soon as Factorio loads and you click play. I have reverted back to the previous build of Windows and the game runs fine.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Fail

Post by daniel34 »

You have a driver installed that doesn't work correctly with the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and needs to be updated. The error message should also include the driver name in the form KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (DRIVER.sys). If you can't identify which driver it is from the name of DRIVER.sys then google it.

Another option is to disable the 'fast start-up' option in the System settings.

More information:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-31 ... ndled.html
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

MikeinCA
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MikeinCA »

There is no driver name after the KMODE Exception. It is not giving me anything to even start working with. I know the error is supposed to give you some driver name in parenthesis, but not in this case. Simply says "KMODE Exception not handled" That's it.

UPDATE: I backed the update out, reinstalled and then disabled fast boot and it now works.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I use the Anniversary update since Monday and haven't had any issues so far.

Return to “Technical Help”