Access Denied to Save Game file?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Zalym
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Access Denied to Save Game file?

Post by Zalym »

Good morning all, I received this message while trying to load a save game, or more accurately when I press the "Load Game" button at the main menu, this morning. I imagine someone has seen it before, does anyone know what happened or how to fix it?

I don't think I did anything to folder itself. I haven't been in the "Roaming" folder since I was elbow-deep in Minecraft over a year ago. The only changes to my PC have been the standard Windows updates that have popped-up during the last week.

I've been working on a map for about 13 hours now (not a lot of time I know but still :) ) and have multiple saves across multiple days. I've saved/loaded regularly and without issue until today. I last played and saved this game, successfully, around a week ago. This type of issue hasn't happened before, to me, even before the game went on Steam.

(Ignore the file name of 13.15 -- I did not realize that the updates on the steam page were not in the mainline game when I started playing. I haven't changed versions -- unless the mainbranch game has been updated -- or tried out the apparently experimental patches since I started on this map.) :oops:

Things I've tried so far:
Validated Steam Game Files
Start a brand new map - I receive the same error when I try to open the save menu in a new game
Given Factorio "Trusted" status from Anti-Virus
Turned Anti-Virus off entirely

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Access Denied to Save Game file?

Post by DaveMcW »

It seems like something in your saves folder got corrupted.

Try moving the saves folder out of C:/Users/
Zalym
/AppData/Roaming/Factorio to start clean.

Zalym
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Access Denied to Save Game file?

Post by Zalym »

Thank you for your your reply -- I don't know what happened when I tried that.

I moved the folder, hit "play", and watched as the game's save file was rebuilt (from the cloud? I don't know) regardless when it was finished reloading the last save file it launched the game and I could load the save games again.

thank you for your help, whatever happened, it worked. :)

Return to “Technical Help”