Game completly freezes on statup

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ramlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game completly freezes on statup

Post by Ramlock »

In whichever version I try to run the game, it just freezes as soon as the menu appears. There's nothing I can do (though I can still hear background menu sounds). I did try to reinstall more than once, and have also tried deleting the entire Factorio folder on AppData, as well as changing the config to force the use of OpenGL. There was no difference at all, including in the log (except for the part that said it ran on DirectX/OpenGL).
Attachments
factorio-current.log
log from frozen game
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Fobfa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Game completly freezes on statup

Post by Fobfa »

Yes! I'm glad someone else is having this problem!

I spent all my freetime today uninstalling, installing, patching, updating drivers, manually deleting and installing the game again and nothing, sighs.

This is so frustrating.

Ramlock
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Game completly freezes on statup

Post by Ramlock »

Yes indeed. Since your thread is bigger and older, let's just stick to it instead.

Sorry everyone for the duplicate thread, but I couldn't find his before he showed himself to me.

In any case, issue seems to be fixed by time and random chance alone (and maybe a few reboots).

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31531

Return to “Technical Help”