Missing Scenario Folder

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
panzerpenguin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Missing Scenario Folder

Post by panzerpenguin »

I am trying to install a Scenario (the Earth Map one) however I have no scenarios folder.

I've navigated to the %appdata% folder and opened up my factorio folder there. The only folders there are 'config' 'mods' and 'saves' along with a few .dat/txt/json files.

So I know I am in the right place. Followed the directions and all that. Doesn't matter where I put the scenario files, but it never appears. Under 'load scenario' in-game, it has all the base-mod scenarios.

So am I being stupid? What I am missing? An integrity check didn't resolve the issue.

*EDIT: Well, I am not stupid. The Scenario folder is not in the Appdata location like it says it is. I found it here: \Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\scenarios (which was obviously the last place I would have suspected to look).

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Missing Scenario Folder

Post by Klonan »

Thats the wrong scenarios folder,

The correct one isn't made automatically, when you save a custom game from the map editor, or from a server, the folder 'Scenarios' is created in the application directoy

If its not there, you can just make the folder yourself, and put the scenario in it

panzerpenguin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by panzerpenguin »

I originally tried to create the scenarios folder in the location its supposed to be in, but that didn't do anything.

Adding the scenario to the folder I found does seem to work - so not sure what is going on? Its 'broken' but works?

CF Worthy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CF Worthy »

I had similar difficulties with trying to install this map as instructed:
panzerpenguin wrote:I am trying to install a Scenario (the Earth Map one) however I have no scenarios folder.

I've navigated to the %appdata% folder and opened up my factorio folder there. The only folders there are 'config' 'mods' and 'saves' along with a few .dat/txt/json files.

So I know I am in the right place. Followed the directions and all that. Doesn't matter where I put the scenario files, but it never appears. Under 'load scenario' in-game, it has all the base-mod scenarios.

So am I being stupid? What I am missing? An integrity check didn't resolve the issue.

*EDIT: Well, I am not stupid. The Scenario folder is not in the Appdata location like it says it is. I found it here: \Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\scenarios (which was obviously the last place I would have suspected to look).
I tried putting the files in both the Factorio/data/base/scenarios folder that already existed, and tried creating one in the user/appdata/factorio, and neither one worked.

At last I have a solution!!! (at least, one that worked for me)

In the Factorio/data/base/scenarios folder you found, copy ONLY the "Earth" folder inside the Earth.zip download, which should contain the blueprint.dat file. Paste that Earth folder into the scenarios folder you found in Steam. I don't have Steam so it was located in C:/Program Files/Factorio/data/base/scenarios for me. Now start the game and load up your custom scenarios map!

This is the very first post I have ever done... this sure frustrated me, so once I found a solution I had to share.

I hope it helps, cause this is an awesome map!!!

Return to “Technical Help”