Reverted from Win10 to Win7 now Pixilated [Solved sorta]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
LarryMonte
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Reverted from Win10 to Win7 now Pixilated [Solved sorta]

Post by LarryMonte »

Greetings...

I recently reverted back to Win7 (long story) and after re-installing fresh copies of both Steam versions and stand alone, I am presented with some pixilation issues as seen in the attached screens.

I've been through and tried all fixes here but the problem persists. I know the game isn't hi-res (yet) but this is far worse than it used to be. Further, icons from Bob's mods (screen attached) are also heavily pixilated where base game icons seem fine. I'm lost as to what to try next...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Larry Monte
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(28.82 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
config.ini
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Factorio2.jpg
Factorio2.jpg (20 KiB) Viewed 2041 times
Factorio1.jpg
Factorio1.jpg (126.21 KiB) Viewed 2041 times
Last edited by LarryMonte on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Reverted from Win10 to Win7 - now Pixilated

Post by posila »

The white ore is from a mod, rest of the screenshot look like 0.14.21 currently looks, when you zoom in to max zoom. Press F9 to get to zoom level 1.

The technology in the first screenshot is also from some mod. Even though it uses vanilla icon of boiler item, technology icons have 4 times larger resolution than item icons, therefore the image is stretched out and pixelated.

LarryMonte
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LarryMonte »

Ok, I'm gonna feel like a fool here, me thinks! LOL

Perhaps I was getting some kind of smoothing effect from Win10 or something, but could have swore things looked a bit better than this - or I just never zoomed in all that close... <shrug> If you say this is normal, then that's good enough for me. :)

The mod icons are Definitely worse, but maybe I had a different mod set installed... <again shrug>

Regardless, I appreciate your time. (Sorry if I wasted it!)

I guess I should mark this thread as [solved] or perhaps [idiot!] LOL

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

LarryMonte wrote:Regardless, I appreciate your time.
No problem, glad to help :)

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Reverted from Win10 to Win7 now Pixilated [Solved sorta]

Post by Xeanoa »

I'd like to hi-jack and ask if we will get crisp pictures at higher zoom levels in the future? That would make it so much easier to recognize/see things at lower zoom levels, as you get more visual detail to distinguish things.

Currently playing the game with high levels of SSAA for some smoothness, but there is only so much it can do.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reverted from Win10 to Win7 now Pixilated [Solved sorta]

Post by Loewchen »

Xeanoa wrote:I'd like to hi-jack and ask if we will get crisp pictures at higher zoom levels in the future? That would make it so much easier to recognize/see things at lower zoom levels, as you get more visual detail to distinguish things.

Currently playing the game with high levels of SSAA for some smoothness, but there is only so much it can do.
As you noticed yourself this does not belong here, see the Roadmap for information about future plans.

Return to “Technical Help”